Designed to develop confidence and leadership, they can be life changing experiences. Not only that, they are a heap of fun! On one of the 7-day voyages, you’ll be able to:
- Learn about sailing, general seamanship and safety at sea
- Learn about the environment and marine ecology and visit some amazing places
- Find out about navigation and how to read charts
- Learn how to fish, and if you are lucky catch your supper (don’t worry, we have other food available if you’re unlucky!)
- Take a turn at cooking in the galley
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Find out about Northland , New Zealand history and our culture
- And above all have fun while you get to sail an amazing tall ship!
You’ll be given joining instructions a log book so you can keep a record of everything you’ve learned. Check out this year’s voyage dates here.
To register your interest please complete an Application form and a Medical & Consent form:
Voyages are funded for individuals as follows:
- A minimum of $840 to be contributed by the applicant (please note we are able to offer a range of grants and sponsorships depending on individual circumstances)
- $840 per person by the ship using profits from trading activities, grants, or the ship’s own fund raising efforts.
Please note that subsidised trips are not provided for the following:
- Individuals not domicile in Northland, New Zealand;
- Individuals who are in employment and/or sponsored by a company;
- Inviduals or groups from organisations already funded for such programmes.
Applicants may participate, however will be expected to pay a $1,080 contribution.
Applicants from overseas may participate however they will be expected to pay the full $1,680 voyage cost.