Special events and sailings
About the sail
A light-hearted 2-hour sailing on board the R. Tucker Thompson!
Thursday 10 January 2019 – 4-6 pm – SOLD OUT
Saturday 28 January 2019 – 4-6 – PLACES available
Youngsters (and their adults) get to dress up as pirates and enjoy a special Pirate sailing on board Northland’s own tall ship on a 2-hour sail from Russell. Let your inner pirate go wild and get creative for this fun-filled sailing. It’s a chance to “argh!” and “shiver me timbers” while the children can have some fun and play at pirates.
All passengers should be appropriately attired – adult pirates included. Failure to wear appropriate dress could lead in being asked to walk the plank!
This sailing is a fundraiser and the proceeds from all tickets will go towards funding a place for a young person from the region on a winter youth development voyage. If you want to find more about how to support or make a donation, please click here.
Go on, indulge your inner pirate!
How to book
- Price: $30.00 per pirate regardless of age (maximum of 1 adult pirate per pirate child – this is for the kids!)
- Pay online with credit card using Paypal with the Buy Now button
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to do a bank transfer or
- Or phone 09 402 8430 to get our bank details
Sorry the sailing on the 10 January is now sold out! We will run another sailing over Anniversary Weekend on Saturday 26 January 2019.
If you’ve missed out, please email email@example.com to register for the second sailing date.
Join the R. Tucker Thompson at the annual Tall Ships Race! A light-hearted festival of sail between classic boats and tall ships departing from the historic village of Russell at 1200. (The Tucker will leave the dock at 1100, one hour before the start of the race.) Be part of the atmosphere of this special day and afterwards, join the crews of all the boats for the prize giving and enjoy the traditional Russell Boat Club Hangi. With two bands playing, it’s a party night you won’t want to miss! Book early as this date fills up fast!
There will be NO island stopover and shore trip as we will be racing
- Departure is 11.00 (not the usual 10.00 sailing) ex Russell
- Price: $155 per adult, $77.50 child
- Includes morning tea and lunch
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or