Join the R. Tucker Thompson at the annual Tall Ships Race! A light-hearted festival of sail between classic boats and tall ships departing from the historic village of Russell at 1200. (The Tucker will leave the dock at 1100, one hour before the start of the race.) Be part of the atmosphere of this special day and afterwards, join the crews of all the boats for the prize giving and enjoy the traditional Russell Boat Club Hangi. With two bands playing, it’s a party night you won’t want to miss! The tall ships race will be held on Saturday 11 January 2020. Book early to avoid missing out!
There will be NO island stopover and shore trip as we will be racing
- Departure is 11.00 (not the usual 10.00 sailing) ex Russell
- Price: $159 per adult, $77.50 child
- Includes morning tea and gourmet sandwich lunch (no BBQ)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
About the sail
A light-hearted 2-hour sailing on board the R. Tucker Thompson!
Saturday 18 January 2020 from Russell Wharf
Youngsters (and their adults) get to dress up as pirates and enjoy a special pirate sailing on board Northland’s own tall ship on a 2-hour sail in the Inner Bay of Islands. Let your inner pirate go wild and get creative for this fun-filled sailing. It’s a chance to “argh!” and “shiver me timbers” while the children can have some fun and play at pirates.
All passengers should be appropriately attired – adult pirates included. Failure to wear appropriate dress could lead in being asked to walk the plank!
This sailing is a fundraiser and the proceeds from all tickets will go towards funding a place for a young person from the region on a winter youth development voyage. If you want to find more about how to support or make a donation, please click here.
Go on, indulge your inner pirate!
How to book
- Price: $30.00 per pirate regardless of age (maximum of 1 adult pirate per pirate child – this is for the kids!)
- Pay online with credit card using Paypal with the Buy Now button. (This is the preferred option.)
- Email email@example.com for information on how to do a bank transfer or
- Or phone 09 402 8430 to get our bank details
NB: Adult pirates must be appropriately attired