Use your sales and marketing skills to support youth development in Tai Tokerau Northland.
The R. Tucker Thompson Sailing Trust invites applications from candidates interested in helping to promote our kaupapa: Learning for Life Through the Sea. Join a fun team, enjoy a fulfilling role and thrive on a range of sales and marketing projects.
We are seeking candidates with a range of skills to support the organisation’s communications. An interest in Tikanga Maori, youth development, and tall ship sailing would be ideal. An enthusiastic and positive approach to digital marketing, communications, and sales is important.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To provide sales and marketing support for the R. Tucker Thompson Sailing Trust.
- To provide high-quality communications to all stakeholders, drive sales and build key relationships.
- To build brand consistency, and raise the profile of the brand and the organisation.
- Contribute information, ideas, and research to support the General Manager in implementing marketing strategies.
- Contribute to sales strategies and approaches for various products and services to support the GM in implementing sales strategies.
- Assist with events, presentations, and networking activities.
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients, suppliers and staff through superior communication and customer service.
- Continual learning and working with various types of software for digital marketing.
- Create quality marketing materials such as website and blog copy, promotional information, and presentations.
- Maintain a marketing database and manage the image library.
- Provide administrative support to the General Manager.
- Understand company product and brand.
- Manage and maintain the website.
- Manage all bookings, inquiries and booking systems.
- Front of house, meet and greet, ticketing and customer service.
The R. Tucker Thompson is an iconic gaff-rigged schooner based in the Bay of Islands. Operated as a social enterprise, we run tourism sailings over summer, with profits used to fund youth development voyages over winter.
This Sales and Marketing role is part-time, 0.5 FTE; however, the ideal candidate would be interested in training to work as crew on board the ship to increase this role to full-time.
If you are ready for variety and rewarding work in a not-for-profit organisation please send a Cover Letter and Resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9 July 2021.
If you have any questions, would like a Position Description, or would like to discuss the role please contact Jo Lynch at email@example.com