After a windy and rainy night, we awoke at 8 am to clearing skies and chirpy faces so it was decided we would have a morning swim, with Hunter once again being first into the water. Once morning duties were completed and our delicious breakfast was devoured the trainees had an hour lesson on emergency procedures, wind and weather, finances and bio security…. and completed more activities in their books.

Once the lessons were completed the trainees spent the morning on shore playing some games and stretching their legs after the stormy night we just had. The trainees played bang, pukana, touch and a few other self-inspired games on the beach. Then they carried on for a bit of a walk up to an old Urupa, before the rain kicked in and they headed back for the boat. Back on the tucker the crew got the mega swing out and the trainees experienced flying, and in Jamiros case, face planting into the water. Then once everyone was in warm dry clothes it was hot soup and scones for lunch which the trainees devoured.

After lunch the trainees once again had more tender driving lessons and Little Tuc races. Ruby and Minaia came first, Zion and Jamiro came second, Hunter and Max came third, Hemana and Lyndon came fourth, Zalina and Katarina came fifth, while Jae and Brooklyn came sixth however the times were all rather close and all the trainees did a great job and all tried their best.

Lucky for the trainees the Great Sights boat approached in hope for a Haka, Manaia and Katarina lead, with Hemana, Jamiro, Ruby and Zalina supporting them and they were all awarded with some chocolate! We hoisted anchor and set a course for a night anchorage in Orokawa with Jamiro behind the helm. Along the way the trainees completed a man overboard drill which was successful and we will be having an amazing Sunday roast dinner later on tonight. We have plenty more last night games planned which I’m sure the trainees will tell you all about tomorrow! Have a good night and we will see you at the yacht club wharf tomorrow at 1pm!!